With Easter right around the corner, Carrot Cupcakes were a must for this month’s recipe post. It’s also both my mom and my mother-in laws favorite cake, so it’s a fun little credit to them too! Now, this cake will require a little work with shredding the carrots, but trust me, IT’S WORTH IT. Please don’t buy the already shredded carrots that you find at the grocery store. Peel your carrots, and shred them on the smallest grater you have. This is key because it really will change the texture of your cupcake, and you won’t have those long shreds of carrots in your cake! Also, the quality of your ingredients matter. European butter will automatically take your icing to the next level. And if you have never heard of vanilla paste, invest in a small bottle (you can find it on Amazon), and try it in your next batch of icing/baked goods. You will realize why it’s worth the small fortune!
Moreover, you will need a scale for this recipe. I prefer using a scale/grams because it is a much more precise measurement (as opposed to cups) and you’ll get a consistent product. Happy Easter and ENJOY!
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- 312 grams All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 235 grams Light Brown Sugar
- 235 grams Sugar
- 3/4 cup Oil
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Paste
- 525 grams Shredded Carrots
- 1 cup Dark Raisins
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1/2 cup Cocunut
- 12 ounces Cream Cheese room temperature
- 4 ounces Unsalted European Butter room temperature
- 8 ounces Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Paste (for the icing)
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Combine and sift the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Beat hte eggs, sugar, brown sugar, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla paste until smooth.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and then add carrots, raisins, pecans and coconut until combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 way full and bake for approx 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Icing
- Beat Cream Cheese and butter together in a mixer with paddle attachment on medium speed until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla paste and salt.
- Beat on low until sugar is mixed in, then turn up to medium speed, and beat until icing is smooth.
These look amazing!