Dark Chocolate Truffles
- 8 oz quality dark chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp butter
- pinch salt
- High Quality cocoa powder
- Melt chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl. *
- Bring the cream to a light simmer in a small saucepan.
- In 3 stages, pour the hot cream over the chocolate, and using a spatula, mix the cream into the chocolate. You are looking for a smooth shiny consistency. **
- Stir in a pinch of salt.
- Cover the chocolate/cream mixture with plastic wrap, directly touch the plastic wrap to the chocolate mixture, so as to not form a skin on top.
- Store in the refrigerator until completely cool and solidified.
- Pour a small amount of cocoa powder into a bowl.
- Once solidified, using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop approximately a tablespoon of chocolate and roll into the cocoa powder, until the truffle is completely covered.
- Leave in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy!
*Chocolate can burn easily so when microwaving, you'll want to do it in no more than 30 second increments. The chocolate should be about 50% melted (it's okay to still have unmelted chocolate pieces). **If your mixture looks grainy after you've added all the cream, either your chocolate or your cream was too hot, causing the mixture to break.